Cell phone as a business phone.

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by TheKingNJ, Jun 27, 2006.

1. TheKingNJ

TheKingNJ LawnSite Senior Member

Do any of you use a cell phone as your business phone? Its the number on my truck and business cards. It sounds very unprofessional but i don't have a full time secretary and it allows people to get a hold of me during the day when i'm mowing and I can turn it off when I don't feel like dealing with it. I just hate having people see a cell phone number on my truck and business card. Maybe I should get a landline that just fowards to my cell. I have a seperate cell phone that I use for nights and weekends and when I don't feel like dealing with business.

2. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

same with us we run both mine and my brothers on our flyers and bussiness cards and shirts but on the trucks its just mine. no one has to know its a cell phone. some people know but as far as most of them know it can be an office phone

3. Cahsking

Cahsking LawnSite Member

You have the right idea, get a land line, and forward it when you out. If you have appointments where you can not talk on the phone you can use your land line to answer for you. I used to use my cell for business, til it got stolen. I don't have to tell you that poop stinks either.

4. TheKingNJ

I think most of the people can figure out it is a cell phone, most of the cell phone in our area have the same first 3 numbers.

5. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

Why don't you have a answering machine at home. We don't have time to be talking all day.:confused:

6. greeneyes

greeneyes LawnSite Member

My customers & potential new customers are usually so glad to hear a live voice at any time of day that it makes having my cell phone # the main line better for everyone. Less phone calls to return at the end of the day.

7. greeneyes

I also am lucky to have a 610 exchange, so it's not obvious it's a cell line. Can you still get the other exchanges in Jersey that are 'typical' land lines?

8. greeneyes

My customers & potential new customers are usually so glad to hear a live voice at any time of day that it makes having my cell phone # the main line better for everyone. Less phone calls to return at the end of the day.

9. TheKingNJ

no all of the exchanges for cell phones are different the the exchanges for landlines.

10. hillndale

hillndale LawnSite Member
    from Maine

Cell # is on my truck, ads, and business cards. I like to be available for my customers. None of them bother me and new business can get a prompt reply. Very convenient & prosperous :clapping:

hillndale :headphones: