Cell Phone Only

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by buddhaman, Jun 11, 2007.

1. buddhaman

buddhaman LawnSite Member

Does anybody use a cell phone only as their main phone? Thinking about dumping the land line and using only cell phone. I have the office phone forwarded to the cell anyways. Save about $75 a month by cutting land line and using cells only. Alltel tells me I can port my land line number to a cell phone so I don't lose my number that I had for 8 years. It will just ring to a cell phone instead of a land line. Any thoughts?

2. YardMedic

YardMedic LawnSite Member

Been using a cell for business line for 8 years, and it works great. You have the phone with you all the time, or at the very least you're seeing your phone every 1/2 hour for any missed calls. The only thing you might lose is fax capabilities unless you have another means of doing that. Internet these days can be done through cable & doesn't need phone, so you can be hooked up that way too without your landline. Makes good sense, IF you're not busy enough during the day to answer the phone (I'm guessing you don't have anyone answer phones for you). But a cell & a PDA with your schedule/calendar can be the perfect mobile office. Besides, people would MUCH rather speak to someone than hear the voicemail message all the time.

No Verizon in your area? Always had great luck with them.

3. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

I use my cell phone for everything, but you're supposed to have a land line to register your business.

4. T.E.

T.E. LawnSite Senior Member

All I ever use is the cell phone for business. I'd ditch the land line. JMO

5. TAZ

TAZ LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Same here. I have used a cell phone exclusively for 5+ years
    -TAZ

6. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

Cell for bizz line 3+ yrs
    House Line For faxes

7. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

Exclusive use of cell phone here.

8. POPO4995

POPO4995 LawnSite Bronze Member

Cell phone is my main line.

9. JJG84

JJG84 LawnSite Member
    from OH-IO

i have 2 landlines - 1 for fax only. I prefer landlines because I would much rather keep the cell phone private

I just keep the landline on a 2 ring answer and if they choose not to leave a message, well, thats their loss.

I also prefer the landline because when im done working, I can go home, and write down all the numbers and information at once instead of jackin around with it throughout the day while im trying to work.

cell phone time = down time (loss $$)

10. NewWave

NewWave LawnSite Member

Cell phone here. We have been using it for 8 years now. We are thinking of going to a landline and just forwarding it. People call my cell at all times of the night. Be nice to turn that forward off every night no later than 8 pm. Plus we really need a fax line.