Cell Phone or Landline

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by dschmaus, Feb 2, 2007.

1. dschmaus

dschmaus LawnSite Member

I just started the business this snow season. I have been using a cell phone for the business number.. Its on the truck and on my business cards. Not a ton of people have it.. I dont think its a great number 241-7834.. Not easy to remember.. My wife and I have been using cell phones as our only phones for years but decided to order a home landline.. 429-1492

everyone around here know 429- is in a certain city (which I want people to know my business is in that town)

Should I use the 429-1492 number for my business and forward it to my cell during the day??

I am leaning torwards yes..
  2. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

I would use the landline and have it forwarded to your cell. I have my landline number on my trailers, trucks, business cards, in ads etc and have it forwarded to my cell. It works well for me and I think it's more professional to have a landline number cause alot of people around here tends to think that If you don't have a Business number in the phone book then you are probably a fly by night company and they steer away from that. There has been alot of Older people around here who have been taking advantage of from construction contractors who swindle them out of money and they all used cell phone numbers for the business number.
  3. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

Go with the landline and foward to your sell when you want to. Never give your cell out to customers untill the sign a contract with you. Nothing worse than a tirekicker having your cell #!
  4. Tim Wright

Tim Wright LawnSite Bronze Member

I have been using my cell phone for years also.

I am thinking of going with the internet phone system "Packet 8 & virtual switchboard" from Office Depot though, and just puting a 1-800 number on the signage.

5. ArizPestWeed

ArizPestWeed LawnSite Bronze Member

I have 3 land lines forwarded to my cell.
    I think that people give more credit to a landline
  6. dschmaus

dschmaus LawnSite Member

Sold! Thanks for the input
  7. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

in 1492 Colubus sailed the ocean blue. or something like that.
    I just got a second land line in my house.
    1st if home/private use
    2nd bussiness
    3rd cell private and business
  8. ECS

ECS LawnSite Bronze Member

You can also look at a land line without a phone. You can request just having a land line # and have it forwarded to your cell phone. I don't know if it is any cheaper or not, but I do know a couple of businesses that have a regular # in the book, but there is actually no such # or land line. All calls that go into that local # ring on their cell phones.