1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

cell phone sickness

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by yrdandgardenhandyman, Apr 2, 2005.

1. yrdandgardenhandyman

yrdandgardenhandyman LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

Well, it's off to mow I go. Again on a saturday. Don't you just hate it when an employee, in the middle of a job,on a friday afternoon, gets a phone call on his cell, (I guess I should ban them on my time), and 5 minutes later gets sick? :realmad:
    Bye bye. And by the way, your final check will be mailed to you. Have a nice life.
    <groan> I hate working saturdays. :cry:
    Maybe those Hispanic workers aren't such a bad idea after all. :help:
    Have a good day y'all. :waving:
  2. Gene $immons

Gene $immons LawnSite Bronze Member

Get rid of the worthless ones as fast as you can. You may have to go through 10 guys to find a good one.
  3. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

Cell phones on my time is a no-no..Lunchtime, I don't care..
  4. AL Inc

AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes, legal hispanic workers are not a bad idea at all. There are bad apples, like every other group, but most of them are here for a reason and that is to make money. I know we don't need another American vs Hispanic thread, but I don't even bother to hire American guys. The only ones that worked hard and were reliable were my cousins and my brother. The others pulled the same things you are experiencing.
  5. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

Another reason I quit having employees.

I'd rather KNOW I'm working 60 - 70 hours / week, than THINK I'm working 40 hours and then tell my wife, sorry dear, or my son, sorry, and have to head out.

They both know I make my money in the summer, winter is for play.
  6. yrdandgardenhandyman

yrdandgardenhandyman LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

Ironically, we were having lunch when he got the call. :jester:
  7. lawnandplow42

lawnandplow42 LawnSite Senior Member

no hispanics workin with me!
  8. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

Does anyone include a policy about cell phones in employee handbooks? It seems that it should be stated. I would state that cell phones should be turned off and stowed either in the employees bag, not in their pocket. Lunchtime is okay, but otherwise, work, not talk.
  9. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

What a slug.....I would have fired him, too. :gunsfirin
  10. Frank2

Frank2 LawnSite Member