cell phone sickness

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by yrdandgardenhandyman, Apr 2, 2005.

1. greeneakers04

greeneakers04 LawnSite Member

A great post, Envy. I may have to include it in it's entirety in my handbook....when I have one. Your future leaders will be naturally fair to others, and the "use the cell-phone and I slash your neck" approach isn't always fair. If they use it too much...

ADVISE
    WARN
    WARN STERNLY WITH THREAT OF LOSS OF JOB
    ADIOS

2. Robert F

Robert F LawnSite Member

A good question is how many LCO's actually have an employee handbook. It's much easier to fire someone when you have it written down and they sign off that they read and understand it. Anyone have one they'd like to post?

3. SoloMow

SoloMow LawnSite Member

I guess I'll be naive here and ask a stupid question: If an employee is wearing ear protection and operating small engine equipment, how does he even hear a cell phone ring? I know I can't so mine stays in the truck and I check for messages after each job. :cool:

4. K.Carothers

K.Carothers LawnSite Bronze Member

That all depends on if she has a hot friend! :cool2:

5. Todd's lawncare

Todd's lawncare LawnSite Senior Member
    from P.A

You said it best !!!

6. lawnandplow42

lawnandplow42 LawnSite Senior Member

git r' done!!

7. spoolinaround

spoolinaround LawnSite Senior Member

no phones on my time, PERIOD! or you will get to use it to call a cab

8. Cut

Cut LawnSite Member

put it on vibrate

9. mommacutz

mommacutz LawnSite Member

I agree I quit a job because I couldn't have access to my phone, when you have a family you need to be able to be reached. That does mean to say lollygag. They know when it is appropriate. Also I look for whoever is going to work.

10. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

Has nothing to do with the cell phone. It has to do with work ethic. Sort of like getting a call when your busy, a simple "I'll call you back" is all it takes. :)