1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

cell phone

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by lawnman456, Nov 29, 2007.

1. lawnman456

lawnman456 LawnSite Member
    from ct

how many people use their cell phones for your businesses line?

only a few people know my cell phone and everyone else call the land line
  2. Tadams

Tadams LawnSite Senior Member

Both the cell number and the landline number are in the yellow pages, yellowbook, newspaper, business cards, invoices, and estimates.
  3. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

My cell phone is my business phone.
  4. supercuts

supercuts LawnSite Silver Member

when i see a cell number on a truck i think its tacky. i like to see a number and know what town they are out of. to me its much more professional
  5. Tadams

Tadams LawnSite Senior Member

That's not really a big deal around here. There are tons of people that have turned off their land line and only use cell phones. The only reason that we have a land line is for a fax machine. We also have what city we are out of on all of our trucks.

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

How do you know it's a cell phone number??? Are you psychic? This is 2007, pretty much everyone owns and uses a cell phone....
  7. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

How do you know it is a cell number? look at the first set of 3 numbers from the exchange and the area code. cell phones do not use the same numbersets as hard line phones due to software incompatability.
  8. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

I have my landline set up to forward out to my mobile phone

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

Damn, I thought he was the Great Carnac or something. Yeah I was aware of all that you stated, however, unless the customer works for Verizon, they are unlikely to have memorized all the exchanges. I have plenty of customers with weird looking phone numbers that are in fact their landlines. We have 2 area codes here overlaid. It's getting hard to tell where a number is based just by looking at it.

Plus it's just silly to pay for a landline to just have your calls forwarded to a cell phone.
  10. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

I got 2 area codes where I am to we hafta dial 1 then the number just to call accross the street