cell phone

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by greengator, Feb 12, 2004.

1. greengator

greengator LawnSite Member

how much handier is it haveing a cell phone for work rather than depending on your home phone. i know people call different times of the day, but if you are working and someone calls you, you maybe closer to them rather than waiting to get home and return the calls.should you give both home and cell numbers?

2. captaingreen

captaingreen LawnSite Senior Member

All of my advertisement includes both my home and cell phone numbers. I have actually had voice mail in between cuts where someone called and wanted an estimate, then before I could get there to bid, some competition had already made it there and sold them. I think it definitely pays off to give out your cell number.

3. SUPERIOR Lawn Design

SUPERIOR Lawn Design LawnSite Member

I have a landline with a digital 2.4 ghz cordless answering machine setup, and can forward my calls to my cell when in the field. This way I control when I receive cell calls from customers...

4. TXLAWNBOY

TXLAWNBOY LawnSite Member

I agree w/captaingreen. I give out both numbers, I usually check messages between jobs and call back at lunch and in the evening. It has worked out well so far.

5. BrianK10

BrianK10 LawnSite Senior Member
    from usa

I run everything through my cell phone. Works well, and I always have it on me. If anyone needs me, they know where they can get intouch with me. Works well for me....just my .02 cents.

Brian

6. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I use both land line and cell phone. The cell phone can be a pain at times though because regular customers call it too much and it interfers with work or on the way to work.

7. Doster's L & L

Doster's L & L LawnSite Senior Member

How do you get land line? how much per month?

A cell phone helps also to keep in touch with your crews. Last year i found out how important it is to be able to be in touch. I learned this the hard way.

8. SUPERIOR Lawn Design

SUPERIOR Lawn Design LawnSite Member

Price depends on your local phone company... They have different packages for different needs... I use AT&T exclusively for home and business phone, local, long distance and internet. They have a discount plan for customers that use more than one of their services... For ex. my ISP costs me $11 a month unlimited use, website included.

9. greengator

greengator LawnSite Member

thanks for the helpful onformation. i can count on you guys to help in any situation.

10. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

If you have too many customers calling your cell # while you are busy............Do as you would a sales call at home............The voice mail will get it until it is convenient for YOU to return the call.
    Cell's are a neccessary evil that you must control in order to be efficient.