Cell phones

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by mtdman, Mar 23, 2005.

1. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

Looking for some cell phone provider recommendations. Now I have sprint. I don't really have any problems with them, just shopping around for other services. My only requirement is having a wireless internet option on the phone. Right now I get the weather channel radar on my phone and that comes in handy immensely.
  2. The C Man

The C Man LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Consumer Reports did a big review of cell phones and providers in the Feb issue, and according to them the best choices for where you and I live are Verizon and T-Mobile. I don't know it from personal experience, but I've heard that Sprint's customer service sucks. I've talked to Verizon customer service and they were really polite and helpful.
  3. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

Nextel " Done" Im switching in April
  4. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

Nextel...Done that for a great many years now 26 phones on line and still going..next GPS locators in the phones units
  5. Lawnchoice

Lawnchoice LawnSite Senior Member

I agree with Nextel.

Have been a Nextel customer now for 8 years. Back when they looked like the size of a fat palm pilot !

We do have great coverage in our area too which helps immensely.
  6. MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC LawnSite Senior Member

Ive had cingular and wasnt too happy with them. Then I tried Nextel and was extremely unhappy with them. Now im with verizon and I cant comment on them right now. Only been with them for a month.
  7. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

I have been using Verizon for the past 2 years and have had absolutely Zero issues with them and the coverage is great. Now they have also just come out with "push to talk" feature which is the same as the Nextel walkie talkie feature so that will be great!

Before that I was with Alltel for 8 years and would not ever consider them again.
  8. SCW

SCW LawnSite Member

Nextel works great for us
  9. Grass Gator

Grass Gator LawnSite Member

If getting the Weather Channel or radar is important I would go with Verizon. They have data that is java enabled. T-Mobile has the best voice quality and plans, good data options including wireless but you can't get good radar pics...
  10. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

I have a T-Mobile. Doesn't always get hte best signal in some areas. Freind of mine used to have AT&T and had better coverage, but also paid more. Don't know if AT&T even does wireless anymore, phone companies are changing so fast anymore. ;)