cell phones

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnboy82, Mar 26, 2001.

1. just wondering, so many of us are always on the road going from job to job as to what kind of cell phones you all use? i was originally with AT&T wireless but just switched to NEXTEL. i feel that nextel is giving me good service, however i also feel, as well as some other people i know that we are being ripped off by them. i mean i am on the business 300? plan and am paying 145 a month for two phones. but they prorate the first bill for not one but two months. so i dont know... just figured i would put it out there to see what is the landscaper cell phone of choice?
  2. joshua

joshua LawnSite Bronze Member

thats alot of money for 2 phones, i only pay $34 for 1200 mins and insuance on the phone. go talk to the people at sprint.
  3. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

I have a Ericsson ;) cell phone with the internet, email, and all the goodies through AT&T with 750 minutes can be all long distance, no roaming charges for $59.95 a month. Best phone I have had for staying connected. I've never been cut off, unlike my previous phone. :mad:
  4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

$145 a month?! Wow! If you wanted a steady 2 way communication, I would have suggested a plan like Verizon's cell to cell plan. For $5 a month, you can talk to anyone on verizon and it never goes on your minutes (or theirs if they have the plan) of whatever plan you have. Sure, you dial, then talk, but I can just say who, and the phone dials real quick for me anyway. Plus that, everyone around me doesn't hear the whole conversation like radios. Right now, I have something like 300 minutes a month with no long distance charges and 1200 weekend minutes for about $30, but I can change this month to month if I want.
  5. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Check with Nextel about newer plans, they allow you to change plans anytime, either up or down in price.

I have 2 different plans, mine has 300 minutes, unlimited incoming, nationwide long distance, unlimited wireless web, email, and unlimited private call for $59.00 a month.

My wifes phone has 200 minutes, unlimited nights & weekends, & unlimited private call for $49.00.
  6. turfguy33

turfguy33 LawnSite Member

I have a cell phone that I use for personal use, but as far as my business, I decided to go with portable cb's. I put up a station at the shop with an antenna, I can talk anywhere in the county with no problem, and no interferance with anyone else. Each hand-held is about $300 including a charger, and I own 3 of them, but over time, it actually saves money.
  7. JML

JML LawnSite Senior Member

i have nextels unlimited plan. $99 a month unlimited mins with unlimited 2way. Its worth it if you do more than like 1200 mins. every other company wanted like $150 for 1200 mins..
  8. cajuncutter

cajuncutter LawnSite Senior Member

For now I will stick to my $32.17 a month plan for 250/500 with AT&T. I am looking into the Harvest telephone system. Buy the phone for around $1200 and it will go up to 150km from your base/home. Do a search on yahoo for harvest telephones. Does anyone out there already have one? If so I am intrested in knowing how it works
  9. eggy

eggy LawnSite Senior Member

AT&T..that is verizon right????
  10. cajuncutter

cajuncutter LawnSite Senior Member

Not sure if they are part of the company..all i know is AT&T bills me for wireless service