cellphone charger on ztr

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dmar62, Jul 31, 2012.

1. dmar62

dmar62 LawnSite Member

Anyone ever thought about or has a way to charge your phone off of mower battery.

2. hammmerhead

hammmerhead LawnSite Senior Member
    from ozarks

A 12 volt female adapter is all you need. Hook it directly to the battery or off the hot side of the ignition.

Use a waterproof Marine grade version that has a cover for the hole.

Oh, and only use one that has an inline fuse

3. dmar62

dmar62 LawnSite Member

Thanks that sounds good. Will try it out.

4. kawasaki guy

kawasaki guy LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from S. New Jersey

5. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

Bobcat Procat and Predator Pros have been coming with them for a few years at least now. Not sure if the Fastcats have them or not.

6. orangemower

orangemower LawnSite Silver Member
    from pa

I can't see the need to charge my cell phone while mowing. It can sit in the truck as it always does and charge off the truck battery. Wasn't there a thread showing a busted up phone that a guy ran over with his mower? That's why I always keep it and anything else I might carry in my pockets, in the truck while on a mower.

7. orangemower

orangemower LawnSite Silver Member
    from pa

How do I keep my phone and other stuff in my truck from being stolen while on the mower out of sight? I have a Ford truck with keyless entry. Well it was hot out so I didn't have the windows all the way up. All I had with me in my pocket was the keyless entry "clicker". Well wouldn't you know, I ride over to the truck for a quick drink and it's not in my pocket. I had to use a stick to go through the opened (maybe an inch) window and hit the unlock button. I'm sure glad I didn't put the windows up all the way. I got really lucky when I was mowing the next week, I just happened to look in the right spot and sure enough, there it was, never ran over it or nothing. Now I use a neck strap and it hangs on that.

One other time I "thought" the keyless entry button worked with the truck running. Wrong, I locked the dang truck with the keys in it running with the a/c going so it would be nice and cool when I was finished. I never knew the key pad didn't work when the truck key is in the "on" position. :hammerhead: Had to wait an hour for the wife to drive to the job with the spare key. The good, it was like a freezer in there by the time she got there. LOL