Celsius in the fall?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by gulfjoe, Oct 16, 2013.

1. gulfjoe

gulfjoe LawnSite Bronze Member

Wil Celsius be effective on weeds that have popped up in the last few weeks with the cooling temps here in the south?

2. RussellB

RussellB LawnSite Fanatic

I used it two weeks ago and it worked great. High 50,s/60s@night and mid 70s during the day.

3. gregory

gregory LawnSite Bronze Member

it hasn't been that cold down here in south fla but I just sprayed some out last week I just increased the mso ratio to 1% instead of the .05%

4. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

When it is cool, more MSO is not a bad idea. Last year, 1% MSO was the only way I got anything controlled. 60s at night and mid 70's in the day all year long. Grass stunted, but the weeds grew like h-l.

5. jvanvliet

jvanvliet LawnSite Gold Member

Why use Celsius with day temperatures in to 70's? It's expensive to use, save it for warm temperature applications and use another formulation for cool weather applications; a Quicksilver & Blade combo comes to mind (both available generic).

6. gulfjoe

I'm not an applicator. I have celsius for my personal use. I am not going to buy another $100 plus bottle of something when what I have works.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Ark

What is the generic of Quicksiver?

8. GreenThumb11

GreenThumb11 LawnSite Member

It is octane

9. gregory

gregory LawnSite Bronze Member

no octane is a different AI then quicksliver..

10. gulfjoe

How many teaspoon of MSO in a 4 gallon mix of Celsius at the med rate?
    Posted via Mobile Device