Celsius in the fall?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by gulfjoe, Oct 16, 2013.

1. gregory

gregory LawnSite Bronze Member

why would you want to use both Celsius and blindside? the blindside will get most weeds that's on the Celsius label.. I am not a big fan of spot spraying tired it doesn't work all that well so I stopped and started to just blanket the whole yard.. I did it mainly for sedge problems but one of greendoc's post said he wont play find the weed..and when I did this sure as **** in a few weeks there was more sedge that wasn't there or I didn't get.. so just blanket the yard and be done with it..

2. gulfjoe

gulfjoe LawnSite Bronze Member

Do you blanket with a 4 gallon Pump style back pack?
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. fl-landscapes

fl-landscapes LawnSite Silver Member

He owns a zspray

4. gregory

no I have an acre of turf I use my z spray jr.. depending on your size of your turf is going to depend on the tools you need..if you have a smaller lot sure you can use a back pack.. do a search under greendoc's name he has a gas powered back pack..

how many sq ft of turf do you have?

5. gulfjoe

gulfjoe LawnSite Bronze Member

I was looking at gas powered BP today. $$$$$
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

It is expensive. I will admit. But no worse than a proper mower or the proper tools for trimming. Cheap equipment or the wrong equipment gives you the equivalent results.

7. greendoctor

That is the sulfentrazone contained in the Dismiss or Blindside being absorbed too much through the crushed and bruised leaves. I do not get foot prints from using a hand held boom, but even with a full engine drive backpack, I am at 200 lbs. Feeding the boom from the skid sprayer has my foot print at much less.

8. gregory

joe if you are planning on doing this yourself just like me you have to buy the right equipment..with that gas powered backpack and a boom you can cover the 10k pretty quick..

that's why I went out and bought the jr bc I wanted to do it myself and I knew I had to get the right equipment or it wasn't going to get done or it wasn't going to get done right.. I got my jr in '07 and haven't had one problem with it and I only use it on my yard.. if you think you need a gas powered bp then get one yea it might be a few hundred dollars either get that so you can do it or hire someone who has the equipment..

9. gregory

yea I didn't have that problem with I used a hand held sprayer.. I think in that case it would have been better if the boom was on the rear.. but that is the only problem I have is with dismiss so I just don't use it ...

10. greendoctor

To have an engine drive backpack with a hand piece capable of switching between a single tip and boom runs just shy of $1000. Again, why do people have no problems buying a rotary mower costing thousands, but a little less than that for good spray equipment is a problem? For me, a 10,000 sq ft lawn is done with the backpack, because I do not want to spend time removing contamination from my skid sprayer so it is safe for tree work. Now, if the lawn were over 1/2 acre, then it would be worth it. I set the tips and pressure to make the full tank cover 5000 sq ft per filling. Makes mixing easy.