Celsius spot spraying

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by gulfjoe, Feb 16, 2013.

1. gulfjoe

gulfjoe LawnSite Bronze Member

I did some minimal spot spraying Thursday afternoon on my neighbors lawn and my own. I used a rate of 1 teaspoon to 1 gallon of water along with a NIS. I checked the weather the day I sprayed And I wasn't supposed to get any precipitation till next Tuesday, but that was wrong and it rained today. Do you think my spot spray will be effective?
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. wildstarblazer

wildstarblazer LawnSite Senior Member

According to the label, yea, you may have to re-apply. Maybe Wait a week or 2 first and then re-apply.

I was planning to spray next week and saw rain on Tuesday as well so I was gonna wait till Wed.

3. georgialawn88

georgialawn88 LawnSite Bronze Member

i sprayed celcius last yr on a yard and it rained about 12 hrs later and it didnt hurt it. i got 100% weed kill. but it was in summer so i dont know how itll effect it in winter

4. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Last edited: Feb 16, 2013
  5. WestGaPineStraw

WestGaPineStraw LawnSite Senior Member

Celsius is not a product to use this time of year. Way too cold. It needs to be at least 80 degrees for it to work in a timely manner.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. wildstarblazer

wildstarblazer LawnSite Senior Member

Really? I heard it would be okay though may take longer to work. How bout atrazine this time of year?

7. WestGaPineStraw

Atrazine is fine
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. gulfjoe

gulfjoe LawnSite Bronze Member

Well that answers another question I would have asked
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. grassmasterswilson

grassmasterswilson LawnSite Platinum Member
    from nc

Like was said. Hold off on Celsius til summer. It has no temperature restrictions and you can do 2 blanket apps if needed.

10. WestGaPineStraw

Don't use it with a nis, mso only.
    Posted via Mobile Device