1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

cement under patio

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by hewitt64, Apr 1, 2002.

1. hewitt64

hewitt64 LawnSite Member

I just got done digging most of the patio out that im doing in pavers. It was an old patio with about 12in of cement. I rented a jack hammer and had almost all of it done but by the door. Under the door entrance was the normal 4in sidewalk and under that near the foundation is about another 13inches of cement. I really dont want to get to close to the foundation. Its about 6 in from final grade i was wondering if would be alright just to go over the top of it with my base stone.
  2. PAPS

PAPS LawnSite Senior Member

yes.. its ok... but watching ur level of the patio... and watch tamping your pavers in that area, it could get all out of wack tamping over that cement... the part of the paver resting on the cement wont move when tamped... but the part resting on the base.. will move and make that area all un-even.
  3. mxrdrvr3

mxrdrvr3 LawnSite Member

I agree with paps