1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

cemetaries on a sunday

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kirk brown, Feb 9, 2006.

1. kirk brown

kirk brown LawnSite Member
    from Ontario

Does anyone do any cemetaries on sunday`s, or is this in bad taste?
    There is a small 2 acre one i will be bidding on and would like to save it for the weekends.

2. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

sunday is when alot of families visit the cemetary, id be pissd if we wnet to see mom after church, and your where mowing

needs to be done on monday or early in the week

3. tat900

tat900 LawnSite Senior Member

i do two cemetaries and you know what i mow em on sundays and i think theyd rather see the grass on top of mom mowed then be 3 ft tall . I hate doin them i once did it at night dont ever d othat . I also have one that is a family cemetary and its old some poeple buried during and before civil war a 737 deere i was borrowing broke through thetop of a grave and i freaked like a lil girl

4. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

I believe mowing a cemetary on Sunday is rude.

if the grass is three feet tall on Sunday it was three feet tall on SATURDAY, for pete's sake!

cut the grass on SATURDAY!

GEO :dizzy:

5. Tadams

Tadams LawnSite Senior Member

I try to not work on Sunday at all but sometimes you just have to. That being said, I don't think that you should mow a cemetary on a Sunday! Most people that are there don't want to hear or see someone on a mower. Think of what type of image that would put into a prospective client's mind of your company!

6. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

I think MOnday would be the best day, Im just speaking for me b/c I don't do much on mondays.

7. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I have 1 cemetary that is bid to cut every 10 days in the middle of the summer and a couple times a year if falls on sunday, Most of the time im on it at daylight and done in 3 hours and gone before anyone comes by.

8. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

I would not mow a cemetary on Sunday NO>Rude and just not a good day to do it at all.

9. palawnman

palawnman LawnSite Member
    from PA

I would have to agree with the majority....I defnitely would not cut it on sundays, I would even hesitate to cut it on saturdays. I just think that there would be too many people there on the weekends. Personally if I saw someone out there on the weekends cutting, I would come away with a bad taste in my mouth. I would tend to do it wed or thurs so that it would look good for the weekends, just out of respect for people.

Ron

10. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

We placed a bid on a few cemetaries before, and actually was a requirement that no mowing could be done on the entire weekend.