Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Nov 29, 2005.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

anybody do them? i know it's alot of wacking, other than that, any plusses or minuses? i was asked to bid on one today
  2. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I do one and I rather enjoy mowing them. Especially if the stones are lined up in a row. It takes me as long to trim as it does to mow. Plusses are you never get there too early or late for them. Minus would be ground flowers( I load them and carry to the dump) and days they have a funeral schedule when I plan to mow there
  3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

We do 4 of them Bg...good money in them IMO.
  4. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

One good plus is the "residents" won't be able to complain about how bad the service is.
  5. rodfather

LMAO...I knew that would be coming from you Jodi, or GEO.
  6. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

i know, it's sometimes hard to tell them apart. but if u look real close....jodi has a thicker mustache
  7. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

No, but there relatives sure will, better be trimmed to perfection and don't you dare bump a head stone or leave a blade of grass laying on one. Around here there a pita for what they pay.
  8. mmacsek

mmacsek LawnSite Senior Member

When I first started I gave a price on one. It was a very old cemetary where the stones didn't line up and were toppled over. ALOT of 21" work. The budget was very limited and I didn't get the job. Most of the nice looking cemetaries have their own maint. crews. Like everything else they are being bought up and not locally owned. Some of the small church owned cemetaries are also pretty rough looking and don't get maintained on a regular schedule. Some guys on this forum do pretty good with them. Maybe a local thing. Matt
  9. rodfather

I heard that
  10. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

I do my church cemetary (1 acre - 400 stones) Takes 45 min to mow, and at least 45 min to trim.

I mow big areas for $25 per acre (figuring 6 acres per hr.) but cemetaries, I would bid $150 per acre MINIMUM>