Cemetary bid

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by MeadowsLawnCare, Mar 1, 2008.

1. MeadowsLawnCare

MeadowsLawnCare LawnSite Member

Hey guys,

I'm trying to draw up a bid for this cemetary out in the country. Its approx 564x 370 feet. None of it is flat its all a 10 degree upward angle and its an older cemetary so the stones are spaced a little closer than your standard cemetary and all the stones are above ground. Any info on how long this will take with 2 guys a 48" 36" and a couple of trimmers? Also what woudl be a ballpark bid. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Also from my starting point its a 12 mile drive to and 12 miles back.

Thanks
    Andy Meadows

2. Sweet Tater

Sweet Tater LawnSite Silver Member

I've got one I start this year that sounds simular except the up hill part. Was doing it in about an hour with 3 old women and my 48".
    I am estimating me alone about 2.5 hours and bid 135 per mow and got it. (It was being kept by family members but they are getting to old now. I was helping because I have family there too.

3. BOMBAG

BOMBAG LawnSite Member

I punched a couple numbers and came up with $208.00 low end and $313.00 high end. I think it depends on how much actual trimming there is. A cemetery by my house is huge, but has probably 5 acres that doesn't have any grave stones on it, therefore...much faster to do. What do you think of these numbers?

4. mowing grass 1111

mowing grass 1111 LawnSite Senior Member

i have a 3.5 acre cemetary all flat ground it pays $531.25 per cut it takes me and a helper 2.5 hours to mow

5. MeadowsLawnCare

MeadowsLawnCare LawnSite Member

i was thinking around $300 per mow. There are quite a few headstones that will need to be trimmed every other cut at least. Not much other maintence than that though just clean it up after memorial day which I can dump the stuff for free about 1 mile away in a private landfil so thers no extrta cost to me.