Cemetary

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by plantzpropertymanagement, Sep 22, 2006.

1. plantzpropertymanagement

plantzpropertymanagement LawnSite Member

Hey everybody im about to bid on a 3 year contract for a 45 acre cemetary. The last co. that had it got the bid for $68,000. This includes spring clean-up, mowing, fall clean-up. I did the math and i think i can probably do it for $63,000. Anyway what im wondering is does anybody have any cemetary's that they mow cause i need some tips on maintaining a cemetary any thing is helpful. I think im probably going to get it cause i got some inside friends thanks for the tips in advanced.

2. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Don't Understand Are You Bidding Agains Last Season Bid If They Have Paid X Amount Why Under Bid,jeez I Have Cap Locks On.

3. plantzpropertymanagement

It's the bid they gave them 3 years ago. So im bidding on this contract that will start in the spring.

4. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Never bid a cemertary that size,thing about it in the spring you are covered with work better have plenty of help.

5. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

I have never done one but every time were asked to bid - I check the previous bid and think - no way I am going lower than the bid that was 2- 5 years ago. Everytime (in my case) - winning bid is someone new who lowered the past bid price and there they sit wondering what they did wrong. 68k plus 3% increase.

6. ryno23

ryno23 LawnSite Member

is there a lot of wide open space or does it have tombs all over it. and do you mow it every other week or once a month?

7. SproulsLawnCare

SproulsLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member
    from IN

What percentage of the cemetery has stones on it, and how straight are the rows. Many of the older cemeteries have small stones in the middle of the rows that keep you from being able to mow from one end to the other without turning around mid way. It's a serious pain!

8. plantzpropertymanagement

Well i have the equipemnt. And im not a real big co. yet. i only have 15 accounts. So im thinking this is something that really could get my co. off the ground and getting the help is not an issue any tips.

9. plantzpropertymanagement

One half of the cemetary is newer that has the stones in the ground the other half is pretty old it has the tombstones. There is some wid eopen area's that has no stones.

10. plantzpropertymanagement

it is a once a week mow. The older half is the only section that has trees really.