cemetarys

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by jacob land and, Feb 7, 2006.

1. jacob land and

jacob land and LawnSite Member

i am planning on putting a bid in this month for about 10 cemetarys. 2 townships 5 in each. is there any special bidding technique? i was planning on just quoteing them like regular lawns plus a couple extra dollars for all of the trimming. does that sound right or will my bids sound like an exteme low ball, or to high? i was also wondering if there is any special way to mow them, or just tough it out and trim aroung every above ground tombstone?

2. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

I came up with a quote, factored in time to trim around headstones, having to use WB mowers to fit into tight areas, not being able to mow cause of burials, and a bunch of extra stuff. Needless to say they could get someone much cheaper. For my company...which is small...it wasn't worth it to play pricing games a drop my bid by a thousand dollars

3. jacob land and

jacob land and LawnSite Member

your bid was over 1k i am looking at quoting 5 for under 500 dollars, mine are small biggest one has about 100 tombstones. how big are yours

4. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

It was a monthly cost. I was bidding 2.4k, someone came in around 1.5k (from what I was told...so grain of salt). I don't know if the priest was trying to get me to come down or what, but my price was my price, it was a lot of work that would tie up three men for half a day per week.

I estimated about 8 man-hours per week. Figured it would take one 61 rider and one 48WB about an hour to cut, another 2 man-hours trimming the headstones, another 1 man-hour for blowing off the driveways. I was looking for about 425 per cut per week over 30 weeks. Then we had fertilizer/weed control applications...which I subbed out cause I don't have the pest liscense yet.