Cemeteries

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Just Cut, Feb 21, 2001.

1. Just Cut

Just Cut LawnSite Member

I just received a proposal regarding 4 seperate cemeteries. I was wondering as to how to bid these properties,
    The proposal call's for spring clean up of each property. The sq ft are as follows 39000, 45000, 116000, 33000, all have moderate leave's pine cones and sticks all debris must be removed from the property
    All cemeterties are appx 60% head stones with fairly staight rows . the stones are spaced unevenly in all the cemeteries. The following cemeteries are to be mowed & trimed 10 times per season 39000, 45000, 33000, The 116000 would be mowed and trimmed 12 to 20 times per season depending on the weather. I will be bidding as a complete package Any help will be apperciated Thanks

2. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

plan on spending a ton of time line trimming.

3. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

I would bid the mowing at 2.20/msf. The 39/45/33 properties at the sum of $257. I would then bid the final site 116m/sf at $257 as well. Trimmers would be billed at the rate of $32/hr each.

Hope this helps.
    Kris

4. With only 10 mowings a season in a wet year you will die there like the rest of the stiffs.

5. Getmow

Getmow LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

I agree with Mr Stone. Unless the grass doesn't grow as fast or as long as it does in the rest of the country you will be mowed under. I know it is different here in the mid atlantic but the cemeteries I cut last year needed to be done weekly. We cut every two weeks and it hurt.

If you want to price them I would bid as follows;
    33k= $90
    39k= $99
    45k= $110
    116k=$270

This would all depend on the size of equipment you can use.

6. Just Cut

Just Cut LawnSite Member

Kutnkru and getmow
    Do these prices also include the spring clean up? Any help would be appereicated Thanks for all your help

7. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

No my prices were strickly for cutting. The trimming would be billed at an hourly rate as stated above. I would plan on hiring from the local temp service to get the grunts needed to tackle the racking and clean-up. I would bid this anywhere from 28-32/hr. Hope this helps.

Kris

8. Getmow

Getmow LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

My prices did not include cleanup but did include the trimming.