Cemetery Bid

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnrangeralaska, Apr 18, 2005.

1. lawnrangeralaska

lawnrangeralaska LawnSite Senior Member

Hi just finding a ball park on mowing and trimming a 7 acre cemetery, just something i can work with. I have to trim around each head stone. This bid is for one seasons work May 15- Sept 15. But mowing time is about 18 weeks. I was thinking about $420 a cut. I am using a 48" walker ghs 26hp and a 44" hustler ztr. Also just two guys. Thanks

other companies were getting between 3 - 5000 for the season for this. seems low. $277 a cut

2. K&L Landscaping

K&L Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Cemetaries are a time killer!!! Are the headstones tall, upright monsters or are they flush with the ground where you can mow right over them? You really must consider how much time it will take you to trim around all of those headstones if they are upright. We service a cemetary that is just under 13 acres and we get $1080.00 per month for 12 months. It's good money but honestly, I bid the job to where I wouldn't get it. So, to answer your question, I think your idea of $420 per cutting is a little bit to low. However, I don't have any idea what the market in Alaska will bear.