cemetery bid...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by schunklawn, May 11, 2008.

1. schunklawn

schunklawn LawnSite Member

i am putting in a bid for a cemetery that has 63,000 sq. ft. of head stone area, a 70,000 sq. ft. ball park area and the school and church combined is about 25,000 sq. ft. of cutting irregular pieces of grass. i am going to put my estimate in at $325 per cut. I am wondering what you would price this at. I have very little experience with cemeteries so any responses would be greatly appreciated. I figure it will take two guys about 5 hours to complete all the mowing, trimming and blowing. thanks again

No Bunk Lawn Care & Landscaping:usflag:

2. schunklawn

schunklawn LawnSite Member

i guess not too many people here cut with the dead.....lol not a big deal just wanted to see if i was close to other guys bids based off the dimensions i posted above...

No Bunk

3. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

fwiw we have a 1 acre cemetery on campus, with about 400 stones. takes 3-4 man hours to cut. thats using a 52 scag ztr so just on the cemetery alone you are looking at 5 hours or about $250 per cut.

plus you have another 2-3 hours of cutting trimming the non cemetery area, for another $150 ...

4. mowingpreacherman

mowingpreacherman LawnSite Member

I would bid at $1300/month. How des that sound?:laugh:

5. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

you cheated by looking at his other thread....but I wonder how many cuts they a re getting for that 1300? and for how many months?

6. TNT LawnCare Inc.

TNT LawnCare Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

7. SIWEL

SIWEL LawnSite Senior Member

i do a cemetary that is 19.5 acres.... almost all with head stones. we have to trim half a week, but it still takes 15 hrs to mow and about 8 hrs to trim on a good week with the turf tiger running strong. with 2 walk behinds mowing takes about 25 hrs. just so u can get an idea, i would go up on your price a little bit

8. mowingpreacherman

mowingpreacherman LawnSite Member

I'm a cheater...
    ...cheater, cheater, pumpkin eater!:cry:

9. kleankutslawn

kleankutslawn LawnSite Bronze Member

with 2 men it may take longer because that is alot of trimming