1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Cemetery Thinking about Bidding on

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Snyder's Lawn Inc, Aug 3, 2011.

1. flatlander42

flatlander42 LawnSite Silver Member

ooooopsie...:eek:

That is one cool looking place. I'm sure it would be a pain to mow!

2. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

That looks like a nightmare of a place to mow, How many acres is it any idea?? i would have to get atleast 600-700+ bucks per time from the few pics i see. Probably more as im sure its bigger then the pics show.

3. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

16 acres and 600-700 might be half price I dont get it so be it
    If I do get it Im going make money

4. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

Oh dang yea thats a big one for sure. Didnt look like 16 acres in the pics. You need to get a premium to mow them,Its a complete hassle and horrible time to trim a grave yard. I have been mowing one for 8 years and want to kill myself everytime i go there.

5. Jwengerd

Jwengerd LawnSite Member

Those hills dont look that bad. We mow 6 or so cemetarys and 2 have banks just as steep but longer. Exmark walk behind does great on them, but we usually use the scag v ride it does good aswell as the toro grandstand, just gotta know how to drive em. :drinkup:

6. monoshock

monoshock LawnSite Bronze Member

I would side hill thoses banks with a 48" Hydro WB.

7. Snyder's Lawn Inc

I use to do one that was 22 acres was flat with Tomb Stone and 2 man crew could mow it 5 hrs and trim it 5 hrs at end of day we was beat we would do it in one day then got under bidded and guy does it now and takes all week

Photos doesnt do justice
    Its going be a nitemare

8. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Wont be no striping either shortest i get less I mow more money will make Its a year contact
    Or we get lots rain and I have to mow it more and loose money

9. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Banks wouldnt be bad these are Ridges that runs 900' long steep side 70'
    most are 2-1 or 3-1 slopes
    My Dixie choppers will climb it did a test run Drive up back down
    If spaces was wider I use it but there about 2/3 of it my 60'' mowers wont drive thru so thought in tight ares the WB be good
    Demo a Wright stand on mower and Dealer said probly wouldn t work and it didn t work The dealer dont carry a WB wright
    I'll call the Exmark dealer try a WB see if it works

10. metro36

metro36 LawnSite Silver Member

I would try a 52" exmark turf tracer with a 23 or 24 hp kawi, even check out the new kohler fuel injected model. That way you will have the stability of a wide track walkbehind, plenty of power to climb up and down hills, and still be able to fit into tight spots.