cemetery's... how bad are they??????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grass disaster, May 1, 2008.

1. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Silver Member

i've been approached by one of my good customers to bid their church.

it has a small cemetery. the church community was doing it before but it gotten to be to much dinking around(someone will provide the mower one boy will cut it and no one wants the responsibility)

i was told it took them about 5 hours to cut it. i'm not really sure how long it would take. how much less time would i be able to shave off. i'd be cutting with a 54" zero turn and a 48" walk behind. i would just trim the rest, i'm pretty fast with the trimmer. about 10% of the stones are flat. there may have been some more stones added since this pic was taken

based on this info how long should it take me to mow it??? i don't think they would be too fussy just as long as it cut.

Attached Files:

2. grass disaster

here's a better pic. it looks current.

please help me out with this one. thanks

Attached Files:

3. Toy2

Toy2 LawnSite Bronze Member

Friend does one, $900.00 a month, 2x.....takes him 8 hours to do it with 2 others on 2-44's and 1- 36' with sulky.....told me after he pays everything makes close to $500.00.

This is his second year doing it.

4. grass disaster

she said they wanted a price for every week. i'm sure i would be skipping a few weeks in the summer.

5. mock

mock LawnSite Member

cemetery's are'nt bad if you like dealing with politics a lot we do one just down the road from our house it's rather large it pays 600 to 800 a month the worst thing is the fake flowers all over every time we go to mow and the head stones are all out of line but over all it's not that bad i'll try to get some pics of it. good luck!

6. Post Mowing

Post Mowing LawnSite Member

i have one takes me 5 hours to mow 2hours to trim everyother time $5000 a year i mow it with a 52inch hustler

7. grass disaster

this works out to 33.33 an hour? why so cheap

8. grass disaster

i was thinking i could get this done in 2.5 hours

9. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

i have one that takes about 3 hours to mow and 4 hours to trim. i charge 600 per cut. personally, i enjoy cutting cemeteries because you can take your shirt off and no one notices.
    for the one your talking about, measure the square footage and base your price by that.

10. grass disaster

anyone else have anything to add?