Central California

Discussion in 'Network: West' started by rsls, Mar 30, 2005.

1. rsls

rsls LawnSite Member

Anyone on the site from central valley California?

Sod and Seed likes this.
  2. cahermit

cahermit LawnSite Member

Turlock; grew up in Salida, raised in Modesto; somehow ended up in Turdlock.
    ;)

Sod and Seed likes this.
  3. Well I live where the Field of Dreams.,Bass Pro and Bedroom community whose name in Spanish means lard and the Portuguese language means a place of many pigs.

It between bankrupt Stockton, east of Tracy and North of Modesto. The wonderful growing metropolis of Manteca.

4. A1 Lawn Aeration

A1 Lawn Aeration LawnSite Member

Im in Modesto. I need a few more landscape maintenance companies to recommend to clients. I only do aeration and thatching. Many gardeners sub me out if anyone is interested

5. just curious if you do this on bermuda or fescue(dethatching)?
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. A1 Lawn Aeration

9 out of 10 times I am thatching Bermuda out here. Fescue and bluegrass might need to be done every 10 years or so if the clippings are bagged when mowed as they should be
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. interesting.

i really want to move to San Diego and i know the majority of turf is Fescue. I was curious if there was much bermuda there. i maintain sports turf here and have an aerator, verticutter, and topdresser and was wondering if they would be any use to me out there...
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

I thought of retiring in Visalia, but housing everywhere in Ca. has gotton unafforidble.

I had a nice lawn business in Simi Valley/ Thousand Oaks in the late 1980s early 1990s.

9. A1 Lawn Aeration

Posted via Mobile Device

10. Sod and Seed

Sod and Seed LawnSite Member

I deliver sod to a huge portion of central California. The nicest part about delivering further out from the bay area is the sizes of the lawns.