1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Central CT theft spree !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Stolen Equipment' started by glllc, Nov 19, 2008.

1. glllc

glllc LawnSite Member
    from CT

Within the past month, 6 Landscapers in the Central CT area have been getting robbed. They have stolen everything from full size caterpillar backhoe to hydroseeder, trucks with enclosed mowing trailer fully loaded, a bobcat with a snow blower attachment, wheelbarrows, and all kinds of small stuff. Some of the places that they robbed, they have come back to twice. The police are on heightened alert and nothing seems to be able to stop them. The irony of it is they have no fear of being caught. They have driven through fences to get what they want, broken into shops, loaded the trucks with only good stuff, and stole the truck as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated.:realmad::realmad:

known equipment stolen
    Caterpillar backhoe
    turf maker hydroseeder
    several wright stander mowers
    morbark woodchipper
    bobcat year, model unknown
    bobcat snowblower attachment
    Toro snowblowers
    Ariens snow blowers
    perma green carrying rack
    several accelerator grass catchers
    and more...
  2. saustin99

saustin99 LawnSite Member

How central? What police barracks are you going to?

TONTAGE LawnSite Member
    from CT

I had an item stolen about 5 weeks ago while i was cutting in new britain.
  4. CAT powered

CAT powered LawnSite Bronze Member

Can I get more specifics on the CAT backhoe? And possibly a description of the trucks that were stolen?

Serial Numbers would be nice as well if they're available.
  5. punt66

punt66 LawnSite Fanatic

he cant be too worried.

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

ill have to keep that in mind. I have never been robbed but i want to keep it that way
  7. triadpm

triadpm LawnSite Member
    from md

Check the out of state contractor auctions. There's one on Jan. 1&2 in Boonsboro MD that I am attending. Without any info its hard to bust 'em.