Central Iowa LCO's

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by IowaLawnEnforcement, Feb 7, 2007.

1. IowaLawnEnforcement

IowaLawnEnforcement LawnSite Member

Are there any lco's on here from the Des. Moines area? If so what are your rates for mowing. I am trying to see if my 35.00 an hour is lowballing, I dont want to be a lowballer and want to make the average rate. Also I want to network with other companies so if by chance I run into something I cant handle I got someone to call and vice versa.

Thanks

2. Iowa Seeder

Iowa Seeder LawnSite Member
    from Iowa

I'm from the eastern part of the state, around the Cedar Rapids area. Where getting into the lawn care side this year, have been hydroseeding the last few. I'm also looking for good info on rates. Just keep reading the forums every day there's lots of good info and ideas here.

3. Big Bad Bob

Big Bad Bob LawnSite Bronze Member
    from zone 5

$55 to $60 per hour for mowing. $65 per hour for other services such as mulch, gutter cleaning, pruning etc. that is labor. i also try to do 25% markup on materials. that includes delivery to the site. 35% markup if they do their own install.
    remember, it's better to have 20 customers @ $60 per hr than to have 30 customers @ $40 per hr.
    good luck. sounds like you could be quality competition. keep the rates at a livable point.

4. alwaysgreenirrigation

alwaysgreenirrigation LawnSite Member

I try to figure a minimum of $50.00/ hour. Thats my cost of doing business anyways......

5. vwovw

vwovw LawnSite Member
    from iowa

:clapping: sounds good to me. I'm just thinking about getting into doing a lawn and landscape business. I'll use these numbers to start off. I have my own construction business. I have some good snow removal accounts.... so i thought i'd see if they like me to do their lawns as well.

6. wahlturfcare

wahlturfcare LawnSite Senior Member
    from iowa

im from the des moines area and start out at $35.00 minimum for a basic mow.

7. Rizzo

Rizzo LawnSite Senior Member
    from Iowa

Good information... I'm trying to keep the $50 per hour going also.