Central Ohio Leafers/ going rates

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jpp, Aug 16, 2004.

1. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

First post here on this website. Wondering what others were charging this year for leaf work in central ohio. Just a ball park figure would work

2. redoak77

redoak77 LawnSite Senior Member

Weclome JP im new to this site too, and like u im in ohio. im chargin about 30.00 for clean up and i know this is low compared to most guys. But most people wont tolerate much else. hope this helps. where are u at in central OH? Im in mansfield
  3. jpp

Hii redoak,

Welcome to you too. I live in Columbus. That is the price I have been charging as well. Thought about moving it up this year depending on what I find out here. I have been at the same price the past couple of years. The gentleman I bought this off of really had low prices. I have spent 6 years trying to get them up and the customers use to paying these prices.
  4. jpp

I guess we have nobody else from here in central ohio.By reading other posts I have a long way to go so I am not a low baller on doing leaf removal. I feel pretty comfortable with the lawn prices even have potential customers that my bid was higher than others that they have received.
  5. Victor

Victor LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm in Columbus. I sent you a PM. If I can help you, let me know.

6. jpp

I just sent you a pm as well. Will be contacting you.

7. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

what i've found with leaf cleanups is that you can tell people $35/hr and they go 'wow, thats a little high don't you think?' or you have to explain that gas, equipment and trucks don't pay for themselves. OR you tell them flat rates $200 to do everything and you're gone in 2-2.5 hours. I've had much better luck with the latter, it does take a bit of practice to figure out times. you win most (time vs $) and you also take a few lessons in the school of hard knocks.
  8. jpp

In regards with the $35/hr cleanups cost that is what I have been getting. They just don't get it that it takes money to run equipment and pay the help let alon insurance and everything else. I have a thought of going back over the past 2 to 3 years and averaging their leaf cleanups and adding say 5 percent and charge them that for year. But I know that would not go over to good with the customers. What are your guys thoughts.

9. rshofcols

rshofcols LawnSite Member
    from ohio

double the price of the yard if under an hour and triple the price of the yard if over an hour. Or charge 20-25 per hour per guy and dump at thier curb.
  10. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

$75 dollars each time I mow and I charge for 4 mows and leaves or $300 minimum