Central Ohio part timers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jsfrk, Oct 1, 2004.

1. jsfrk

jsfrk LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

All you who work part time in central Ohio, what do you normally gross per season? I have a full time job right now, but only work 4 tens. I am going to be starting a biz part time next spring and just want to get an idea of what you bring home, considering your only doing it part time. Thanks.

2. redoak77

redoak77 LawnSite Senior Member

Where are u at in ohio? Im near mansfield and have 14 yards i do after school and on the weekends. Hopefully gross 10g by end of year

3. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

do it right on a part time basis, and you can make great cash. skip the insurence, the permits, and the tax man.

4. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

ha ha, yeah great advice, screw the full time guy trying to do it right. Is this what you did Bob for those 8 years that you were part time? ;)

5. bobbygedd

from NJ

yea, when i wasn't beating up little old men with a shovel. actually, i did have insurence cus i had the pesticide permits (a visit from the dep convinced me that would be a good idea) , so after a couple years i did go "legit". but, if a guy wants to cut lawns part time, and not do higher value work (chemicals, etc) and he's only gonna cut grass, chances are if he goes legit he will be working for free

6. 1MajorTom

phew, that's a scary thought..... so you think all part time guys on this board that just cut grass are doing it for free.?? *gasp*, cause they all can't be choosing to not pay taxes just to make some money do you think?

7. bobbygedd

from NJ

stop talking trash and throw some numbers at me. one part timer here says he mows 14 yards a week. tell me, oh queen of west virginia, how can one run a legitimate business carrying 14 lawns a week? and btw, i thought we had an understanding, you are supposed to call me mr. gedd

8. 1MajorTom

I choose to not address you by any name, is that ok with you?

9. bobbygedd

from NJ

no, it's unsatisfactory. you must adress me by using one of the following: mr. gedd, SIR, or bobby almighty. i like the last one myself, it has a nice ring to it

10. 1MajorTom

Sorry this is the best I can do.. I will refer to you as gedd, take it or leave it.