Central Ohio Trugreen Chemlawn Playing Dirty?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tgclraider, Jul 27, 2004.

1. tgclraider

tgclraider LawnSite Member

I just recieved a call from a customer that I toook from TGCL that we had done an application on last week. It turns out that the marketing manager is calling customers that we have acquired and offering to match our prices and services. This particular customer said that he has been contacted 4 times in the last week and stated that the MM said "We want your business back."

I have no problem with a little competition, but, it appears that at the local branch the marketing manager is doing cancel saves.

I worked for TGCL for 6 years in 2 diffrent locations and never saw them scramble to save a customer like this. Since we are a smaller company with alot less overhead our prices are comparable but often lower than theirs. We also include a benificial service at no charge with each application. So now they are giving that same service with each application.

This never would have happened in the past.

Here in our area there is a large number of dissatisfied customers from them. And they are running us down to customers in hopes of getting back their customers that for the most part aren't happy with their service and business practices.

Are any other small companies experiencing this?

Just curious.

2. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

now, pay someone 10 bucks an hour to follow their trucks and go after all of their customers. TWO CAN PLAY THAT GAME.

trevor

3. chevyman1

chevyman1 LawnSite Senior Member

but I thought that undercutting and going after the competition was wrong?

4. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Ain't that scrubbing???????

Just kidding....................
    True greens practices will not change until they change the structure of their business. Unlikely. I see a name change in the future...........................

5. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

Only when you do it Chevy.

No, in all reality...I wont bust your nuts anymore than i have about getting customers whatever way you want. I am sure i made my point before.

I myself dont think i have purposely undercut anyone to gain a customer.

Now, if someone wants to go and talk to all of my customers to try and gain their business, I would be pretty pissed and follow them and undercut them so bad it hurts.

All is fair in love and war

Trevor

6. Mlc gmc03

Mlc gmc03 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

undercut them so bad it hurts, thats funny because the only person it is going to hurt it you if the customer is willing to leave that easy because of price u need to find different peopel to work for