Certification for Spraying

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Frosty_03, Mar 18, 2003.

1. Frosty_03

Frosty_03 LawnSite Senior Member

Does any one where in the Memphis TN, area I would go to take the exam to spray pesticide, herbicide and fertilizer application and is the test hard.
    :)

2. GroundKprs

GroundKprs LawnSite Bronze Member

You'll need both training and regulatory offices. Find both here: <a href="http://www.members.aol.com/groundkprs/pesticides/pestregs.html">Pesticide Regulation in USA</a>

3. Frosty_03

Thanks Groundskp appreciate the info!!!!
    God Speed:blob3:

4. Frosty_03, the licensing test is only given in Nashville, at the beginning of each quarter. And yes it is a hard test, they have a high failure rate. Study all the materials in the packet that you order from UT, and then some. First see if you qualify to take the test, to find this out check on the TN Department of Ag. website for qualifications. If you don't meet those qualifications then you have to appear before the Pest Control Board to get permission to take the test. It is $150.00 each time you take the test pass or fail. When I took mine one guy was taking it for the 6th time, and he passed it finally. You have to pass both the written and the identification portion of the test. I got my license last April, and I'm glad I did, because the state has been visiting most of the LCO's in my county to stop them from spraying illegally. I haven't heard on any fines yet, but one owner this will be the second time they have told him to stop spraying.

5. Frosty_03

Thanks for the Info. I sure will study the info from UT and I will continue to ask ones already certified. thanks again
    GOD SPEED
    :)