Certification Testing Tomorrow.

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Runner, Feb 11, 2008.

1. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Well,...this is it. I am going in to test for recertification tomorrow morning. Mine is expired, and I have to do this before applying for license renewal. I've been hiting the books, and I am confident I'll do ok.(not over confident, I hope). I am testing for Core that's a given), Turfgrass, Ornamental, and Right of Way. I hope I'll do well, as I just feel as if I haven't been fully focused on this reading, with all the snow and ice work that's been going on. On top of that, it looks as if it is going to be snowing WHILE I'll be in testing. The cool thing is, is that my mentor - who got me into this, is going to be there testing as well. This will be good to compare scores!:laugh: He also has a series of questions that he says should be on the tests, and he is going to present them to our local inspector who is also going to be administering the tests. It will be interesting to get this guy's take on these questions and see what he thinks of them. The guy who is my mentor has the same idea as I do....to take this guy to lunch and get about 1/2 hr - 45 minutes of his time. We may ask him about this.:)
    Anyway, wish me luck,...I'll probably NEED it!
    Incidentally, I just want to mark this post, as it makes 10,000 for me.:dizzy::drinkup: Wow...I REALLY need a hobby!

2. blind04

blind04 LawnSite Member

good luck buddy, i did mine last winter. was no fun at all. but i did alot better than i thought i would do. so i would worry to much if i were you.

3. bigw

bigw LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey good luck tomorrow, i am taking my core and 07 lawn and turf on feb 25 and then my 06 in march and i know what you mean about the studing...my brain is fried from all of it!! :weightlifter:

4. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

Good Luck Runner!

I bet you can pass that think with your eyes closed! Don't worry!

You do need a hobby! :laugh:

10,000 posts is awesome!

This is a great site!

Good Luck Tomorrow,
    RC

5. jrc lawncare

jrc lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Just took my recertification classes for this year last Tuesday. We are required to get 10 credits recertification over three years in NY.

6. lawnservice

lawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

I'm in Massachusetts. Many things about MA tick me off like the politics (I aint no Ted Kennedy fan, or John Kerry for that matter)
    But once certified all we need to do is take 12 hours of training per 3 year period, similar to jrc in NY.
    I typically get 12 hours in per winter rather than over 3 winters...gives me something to do other than spend time on lanwsite and i like the networking. Oh, and I usually only sign up for the training classes that will feed me lunch as well....I likes to eat

7. VO Landscape Design

VO Landscape Design LawnSite Senior Member

If I get through the book this week I am hoping to take it this Friday or next. Lots to go over but have had some in classes over the past 2 years.
    Good Luck
    VO

8. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

RC,
    Thanks for the well wishes.:) All done and I have it behind me. I didn't do nearly as well as I thought I would. 88 on the Core, and 86 on all the others (turf,ornamental, and right way). I guess I'm good for another 3 years, anyway.

9. T-Cart

T-Cart LawnSite Member

Im guessing they told you right away whether you passed or not. I took a certification class yesterday in Ark and they said it will be between two and eight weeks to get the results back.

10. Whitey4

Whitey4 LawnSite Silver Member

You don't get on the dean's list if you get 100! So, did they ask how many generations the birch leaf miner can produce in a season?