Certified Applicator Search

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by LawnsRUsInc., Aug 6, 2011.

1. LawnsRUsInc.

LawnsRUsInc. LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

I wanted to see where is the best place you have all found applicators to work for you. I have posted adds online in search for hiring certified applicators with no luck. Your help in my search would be greatly appreciated. $15-18 an hour and a full route of clients.

2. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Lawns

GOOD LUCK

I have an ad for a spray tech posted in the Lawnsite employment forum. The only inquire I have had was from a CPO in Louisiana asking IF I had any hits.

What can say, any CPO worth his salt is working his own business. Even finding people willing to sit on their ass is hard to find in this give away welfare society.

3. EquityGreen

EquityGreen LawnSite Senior Member

If I may make a suggestion, hire a newbie have him work with you for a month train him or her how you do lawns not the way he did lawns for the last guy. I like hiring new guys, doesn't every lco know they are the best at applicating lawns? Why limit yourself to certified applicators when your next right hand man is down the street.

Good Luck!!!!
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Equity

I think you have the right Idea. Trying to break bad habits learned working for Boozo the clown are hard to do. Training a Tech YOUR WAY can be less stressful IN THE LONG RUN. Of Course it is a lot of work and stress up front that doesn't always work out. You got to break some eggs to make an omelet.

BTW I am interested in hiring a few Techs also. I want people who have experience in the Green industry but not necessarily Spraying. I am going to be darn sure I spoon feed them a comprehenchive education of the Green Industry in general as well as spraying. I don't want no Larry the Cable Guy out there bragging about how much they don't know.

5. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Ric, your comment about podunk Iowa is strange. There are darn hard working, intelligent people from Iowa. Maybe the heat is getting to you....

6. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

DA

Glad you like it. If I refer to Podunk Iowa, it is because most Comics use Iowa as there whipping area or opposite of the Big population areas on either coast. It is about as centrally located as it can be. I spend a couple of years in small college town in Iowa and INHO Iowa was loaded with farmers who are way behind the times. Your profile says you are in Mn so why would care what I said about Iowa.

Most states love to tell jokes about other state especially their border states

BTW does D A stand for Dumb Ass??

7. Ric

Too bad my area isnt where you are at cause we would be a perfect fit. I would be more than willing to get training from you and the learn the right way.....

Oh well, good luck to you.

8. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Chris

Good Luck to you also. You are smart enough to know what a great opportunity this could be to any LCO who wants to be a real professional.

But this has been a problem every time I offer a job on LS. I get all kinds of inquires from people out side my area and no one from inside the area. I am not just passing out Spray Cards. I am responsible under the law to train employees in proper applications and could in fact lose my Certification if I don't. Therefore I can not spread myself too thin. I must keep my territory to a manageable size and distance. Once I hire a few Employees my job is training and helping them and not doing applications myself.

9. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Platinum Member

Not trying to take sides or get involved in any argument in any way so I apologize for this but.......

:laugh::laugh:ROFLMAO:laugh::laugh:

10. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

And how long do you think it will take to delete my post now that you have bold printed it???