1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Certified Lawn and Landscaping

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LawnsRUsInc., Jan 23, 2003.

1. LawnsRUsInc.

LawnsRUsInc. LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

How many of you guys are certified for lawn and landscaping? Is it better to get certified through state or some company like ALCA. And if so does it help you, or show more credibility? And where can i get literature?
    Thank You Jason
  2. Mykster

Mykster LawnSite Senior Member

If you're talking about the CLT certification I think it could benefit you. If I was hiring company to fully landscape my property and one was fully certified and one was not, I would choose the one who is. Not saying the other couldn't do the job as well or better. I would want the one with more crudentials.
    Not everyone would see it the way I do though.

Call your local Association if you have one. I'm sure they have some info.

In Wa, the certification course is 300$ for non members of WALP and 200$ for members. It covers Maint., Irr., Landscaping. WALP is also trying to get the state to require all LCO's to be a CLT. We'll see how that goes.

Hope this helps. Good luck.
  3. devildog

devildog LawnSite Senior Member
    from sc

go thru your state nurseryman / landscape association. your education and certification will be relevant to your location, less expensive up front and to maintain your credentials. with regards... devildog