Cha-ching , that's 5 new ones this year from CL, not bad for a free ad.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by monoshock, Jul 25, 2013.

1. monoshock

monoshock LawnSite Bronze Member

Just picked up #5 today from a free CL ad. [​IMG]

2. JimsLocalLawn

JimsLocalLawn LawnSite Senior Member

How?

All I manage to get on CL is low end property owners that want to pay me in food stamps!

I have gotten maybe 10 calls from Craigslist, I got 0 customers out of them.

3. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

Will you link your ad, I would love to see it. PM it you prefer.

4. Vecchio Lawn Care

Vecchio Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I've gotten 7 jobs this year off CL

5. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

links please, I know it can be done but how

6. orangemower

orangemower LawnSite Silver Member
    from pa

I've gotten 8 new clients without CL. :) The one call I got was from a realtor wanting a over grown property knocked down. I never called them back.

7. monoshock

monoshock LawnSite Bronze Member

8. TML

TML LawnSite Senior Member

9. Greg78

Greg78 LawnSite Silver Member

Do pretty well on Craigslist as well. Very picky about the clients we take on so they are vetted very well. It helps to put nice pictures in your post with links to your website and Facebook page. Also is a good idea to have your minimum or starting at fee posted.

We are a family owned company me (35) and Dad (55) are each in the field running a truck and Mom is home and she answers the phone for us and takes care of most of the book keeping. Her answering the phone helps as well she tells us daily about the comments people make about somebody answering the phone. Today one guy said he called 6 "companies" before he called us and none of them answered the phone. I think a woman answering the phone helps as well.

10. ShorterGrass

ShorterGrass LawnSite Member

Ive been called repeatedly by a middle eastern sounding guy offering to save me money on home repairs. I also got an email tonight asking if I could provide home care to someone's sister for $650 a week. So my CL ad is doing pretty well too.