1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Cha-ching , that's 5 new ones this year from CL, not bad for a free ad.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by monoshock, Jul 25, 2013.

1. SRT8

SRT8 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CA

I just give accounts away.
  2. TJW_692

TJW_692 LawnSite Member

That's my top method of advertising right now. I always have at least 4-5 ads up. i just put up two fresh ones and retired two old ones.
  3. Skylar

Skylar LawnSite Member
    from PA

4. monoshock

monoshock LawnSite Bronze Member

5. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

6. monoshock

monoshock LawnSite Bronze Member

Very nice pictures on the first ad. I read somewhere CL is going to stop photobucket links. I hope they don't, bigger pictures are nice.
  7. smallstripesnc

smallstripesnc LawnSite Senior Member

Craigslist is amazing here if you know how to make ads stand out from the thousands of other lawn care businesses. I've gotten tons of lawns from craigslist and the calls keep coming. Just keep in mind it varys area to area. Some places craigslist is very active and others not so much.
  8. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

i've never gotten any from craigslist. i have put pics and such too.

i get 5-10 a year from a newpaper ad.

GOATMAN GEORGE LawnSite Member

IMO in my area, the majority of customer's on craig's list are looking for a 1 one man operation to take care of their lawn. They are looking for CHEAP. If you are not super cheap, I think craigslist is not for you.

I did use craigslist is in the past for a couple years. I started Craigslist for a couple months this season, had a great ad, got several calls. Most lawns not cared for in years, they want A+ level service for like $30.00 a yard it is ridiculous. Most of them also want service that same day lol. I can't stand craigslist and I don't think I will ever post an ad there again.
  10. TJW_692

TJW_692 LawnSite Member

i've gotten a few calls where they want it that day. I did it. Got the money. Any money is better than no money even i you don't feel like taking an easy drive to a lawn.