chafing ?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by nt1, Aug 9, 2006.

1. nt1

nt1 LawnSite Senior Member

Has anyone ever tried body glide, runners lube, sport shield?

I have tried; corn starch, baby powder, gold bond , baby oinments, petroleum jelly, 100% cotton clothing, various types of underwear including biker shorts, etc, etc....................All with no luck!

During really hot or just humid days, none of these products last for more than about 15 minutes.

Changing shirts several times a day helps with the arm pit chafing, but changing shorts 3 or 4 times a day is unrealistic.

So do the products listed above actually perform any better? (body glide, runners lube, sport shield)

2. TriCountyLawn

TriCountyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I have recently found Boxer Breifs so cure alot of my problems.

3. garth1967

garth1967 LawnSite Senior Member

i had this prob a few years ago .lo and behold doctor told me to change the deoderants i was using and to also change washing powder and i never have the problem again .boxer shorts is a good suggestion too

4. Oxmow

Oxmow LawnSite Senior Member

How about going commando?

5. Brendan Smith

Brendan Smith LawnSite Bronze Member

amen to that!! haven't worn them for years while working outside in the summer. i do worry about...ummm...revealing my secrets at times while mowing though:dizzy: :laugh:

6. nt1

nt1 LawnSite Senior Member

I have tried boxer briefs, bikini, boxer shorts, briefs, bike shorts, and commando. With commando helping a little bit, maybe because there is more air circulation and less moisture being trapped in.

Still wondering about body glide, runners lube, or sport shield. After reading about them it may work better and last longer because of the silicone it is made with.

7. PTP

PTP LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

My wife is a runner and uses the body glide. She used to get a bunch of chafing around her arms but it is gone now.

8. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I found that out as well earlier this spring. Since then, I have only had a problem 3 or 4 days this season.

9. jkingrph

jkingrph LawnSite Senior Member

Had a severe chaffing problem a few years ago while working on a rather extensive woodworking project out in summer heat. Did a little research and got rid of cotton briefs and got knit boxers of 100% polypropylene, called polar max in Cabella's catalog, The synthetic fiber wicks moisture away and even when very wet does not rub and chafe like cotton. Pricey but worth every penny to keep from getting chafed again.

Jeff

10. Joey bag a' donuts

Joey bag a' donuts LawnSite Member

Boxer shorts?!? :cry: OUCH! thats testical suicide lol