1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Chain Kits

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rvsuper, Dec 27, 2002.

1. rvsuper

rvsuper Senior Member

How well do chain kits work for enhancing stripes? I am planning on making one this winter for my 42" Proline. Anyone have any pics, ideas, advice?

2. Brieldo

Brieldo LawnSite Member

go to the upper right corner of your screen and click on "Search" THen do a search for striping kits...
  3. Chains do a fair job not as good as a roller in by experience with exmarks and scag mowers ive used em on.
  4. rvsuper

rvsuper Senior Member

Here's the furthest I got today. I think I have to make the chain a little longer, anyone else think so?

5. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes, but not so long that you trip or there might be some really big problems
  6. rvsuper

rvsuper Senior Member

The picture is of my Ariens RER that I use at home. I am going to try it out on here first to see if I would like the effect of chains on my WB. I am going to go back out tonit to finish it....will post pictures later.
  7. rvsuper

rvsuper Senior Member

Finished it tonight:

8. Willdro

Willdro LawnSite Member

I have had the chains on my Dixie Chopper for two years and really love them. I attached a threaded rod to my brackets and slid the chains over the rod. Secure rod to brackets with threaded nuts to keep rod and chains from moving. The chains drag the ground about 4 inches.
    Mount them up under the mower as far as possible. The chains next to the wheels are shorter so the wheels won't run over them. They don't look as good setting back too far.
  9. rvsuper

rvsuper Senior Member

What do you mean?
  10. Willdro

Willdro LawnSite Member

Setting back too far! I mean setting back to the end of the motor Guard on the rear. The closer they are to the axle, the better it looks. They just need to be the wideth of you axle, between the tires.