Chain link fence removal??

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by CK82, Nov 12, 2007.

1. CK82

CK82 LawnSite Member

I have a patio job coming up and I wanted to get my mid sized tractor with a backhoe into the backyard. I need some information, on whether or not I can roll back the fence and if so is replacing the fence difficult to do. I wont be removing any fence posts as I will be able to fit between them, I have heard its difficult to stretch the fence back and hook it up. Please help.

Chris

2. Dirt Digger2

Dirt Digger2 LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

it depends on how many posts your taking it off from the end. if you are removing it from the end post and rolling it back 8 feet you will be fine. If you are removing it off 4 or 5 posts it will be a little more difficult but still not that bad...just go to TSC and buy a fence stretcher...they are pretty cheap, or if you have a come-along winch that will work too

3. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

And if TCS doesnt have a stretcher (Ours didnt) home depot and lowes has them. It also really helps if you have a pulley and a winch to stretch back.

4. CK82

CK82 LawnSite Member

I will be pulling it back only from about one or two posts, fromt the gate, I think pulling it from one post should give me at least 5-6ft. so that should be enough room to get through.