Chain saws

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by walker/redmax, Jul 16, 2006.

?

Chain Saw

1. Redmax

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Stihl

33 vote(s)
    55.9%
  3. Husqvarna

26 vote(s)
    44.1%
  1. walker/redmax

walker/redmax LawnSite Senior Member

Hey I'm kind of unofficially looking at buying a chainsaw and I'm sure that most of you guys must have at least one or two. My family owns a big ranch in Gunnison Colorado where they get into some pretty heavy stuff with their saws and they seem to really like Husqvarnas. However, I don't think that they have had much experience with other brands. I like Redmaxs trimmers so what do you all think; a Redmax G621AVS or a comparable Stihl or Husqvarna? Thanks!:usflag:

2. TNT LawnCare Inc.

TNT LawnCare Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

Have several Stihl's to me there the best equipment they make. Have never had any problems with there saws. Top notch equipment.

3. JTF40

JTF40 LawnSite Senior Member

Get you a Husqvarna 350 for less than $300.00 - a very good investment. :usflag:

4. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Stihl MS361 gets my vote. I have owned one for 6 months now and have had it in some pretty heavy stuff, never failed and I dont expect it to. Pricey at 550+tax but man, it is a beast IMO. Either do that or look in the for sale section of this forum, there were 2 440 magnums on there for a great price. 440's are very reliable saws that have been around for a long time.

5. Birdhunter1

Birdhunter1 LawnSite Senior Member

I've got a Stihl 029 (now the MS290) that I've had for six years, had a few repairs and had to replace worn out items now and then but it never faield to start up. Only things I've ever had to replace were wearable items on the cutting end of it (bars, chains, sprockets, clutch, etc.).
    On the farm we've got all Stihl equipment, an 088, an MS290 and an 029, an 024AV and a Stihl that is as old as the steel it is made from.

6. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

I'm a big fan of Husky. Had them all my life!!!! just got a new 359 and love it:cool2: :cool2:

7. jazak

jazak LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Stihl 440s & 200Ts all the way! :clapping:
    Might get a 350, maybe

8. slawn

slawn LawnSite Senior Member

stihl 361, I got one after the hurricane last year. I cut a lot of heavy stuff and abused the saw pretty good. I never had a problem with it. If the chain is sharp it will cut anything.

9. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

Have oned both brands, prefer the way the Huskys cut but have had easier time finding parts when needed for the Sthils. Haven't used a Redmax saw so can't comment on those. I think you'd be in good shape though with any of these major brands really.

10. Audrey

Audrey LawnSite Senior Member
    from Pa.

Stihl ms260 and 066. Love them both.

I also have a small 3400 Echo. Cheap little sucker, but I use the crap out of it. It has a 14" bar and fits everywhere. I've had more return on investment from that little guy, than both of my others.

A