chain stripe kit

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by rfed32, Mar 24, 2006.

1. rfed32

rfed32 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Hatboro

just made the other day...do u guys think i need more chains or not...im thinkin about maybe getting another 5-7feet....if u have any ideas let me know

pic 1 of it down
    pic 2 of it up

2196.jpg

2194.jpg

2. jmurphy

jmurphy LawnSite Senior Member

In my opinion you need more chains. At least to go to the edge of the tires. Other than that it looks good:cool2: :dancing:

3. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

Yup, I don't think it's going to lay very good stripes until you make it longer. JMO

4. All_Clear

All_Clear LawnSite Senior Member

Looks pretty good... I'd like to see how it stripes once you put it to use. I've personally never seen chain stripes so I'd like to see how it works.

All_Clear

5. Dixie Rob

Dixie Rob LawnSite Member

I would put more chains, and move that piece of all-thread up a couple of links to where it's not dragging the ground. It will probably do some turf damage where the chain wouldn't. I'm going to build me one as well and this is the route I was going to go from reading reviews.

6. TriCountyLawn

TriCountyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I think ya got the right idea but as everyone else said ya need more and longer chains to get a real nice stripe. Heres a pic of the striper that i built for Hustler.

[​IMG]

7. rfed32

from Hatboro

ok so ill go with more chains ill, get tomorrow when im at HD thanks a lot..ill also move the bar up some...thanks a lot for the help

8. cochino12

cochino12 LawnSite Senior Member

Looks good. Any pics of the stripes? also any more pics of the striper itself? And do the chains ever catch on stuff? like rocks, edging etc.. Thanks again

9. rfed32

from Hatboro

ok so i added more chains will show pics tomorrow and will take pics of stripes lets hope it works good...aslo took the bar off all together...shouldnt hope to not have problems gettin on trailer seeing that my ramps are messed up...if i do ill use the bar for loading and unloading and thats it...

10. FinerCutslawnCare

FinerCutslawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey tricountylawn, how well does that work(how well does it stripe). Looks really good, i was thinking of getting a metro and just making one of those, certainly alot cheaper than getting a tthp 36" with a turfstriper. Let me know how you put it together and what not and try getting some pics up of your stripes!