Chain Stripe kit

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Viseras lawn service, Nov 20, 2004.

1. Viseras lawn service

Viseras lawn service LawnSite Member
    from 6

I would like to add a chain stripe kit to my 48'' Tractor....the wheels stick out farther than the metal attachment plate, so i will need to make some kind of bracket....any one have any ideas how to do this and what matierials i will need to make the kit....i was thinking of making it like a V-shape 48'' wide so the chains behind the tires will not get ran over when backing up.

any advice?

2. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

Do a search for striping kits. I seem to remember a guy, not too long ago, making his own striping kit with chains. He posted some pictures with his post.

3. Green Care

Green Care LawnSite Senior Member

Also a couple of picture of your tractor will help.

4. 1grnlwn

1grnlwn LawnSite Bronze Member

You don't need chains behind the tires because the tires stripe the grass. You will want to shorten the chains nearest the tires for the same reason. Here is a striper for a WB.

striper.JPG

5. Mo Green

There you have it. Just what I was talking about.

6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

For most machines, the striper is not even as wide as the wheel width, anyway. Widthwise, they go from the inside of the wheel to the inside of the other wheel

7. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I like your tension device on that. How long did that take for you to make?

8. Husky03

Husky03 LawnSite Senior Member

:D If it works it's all good.
    I have been trying to think of a way to make one for my 34Z since Gravely does not make one.

9. Viseras lawn service

Viseras lawn service LawnSite Member
    from 6

are those chains welded to that metal bar? i do not have a welding machine....i was going to just bolt each one to an angle iron or something...still trying to figure out how to make a simple braket to get the chains away from the wheels....ill try and post a pic tomorrow of the rear of the tractor.

10. Mo Green

I've seen a post where a guy used a piece of a big rig mudflap for striping. Seemed to work pretty good. You might be able to find it with the search device.