Chains for ztr works great

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by scott's turf, Dec 4, 2002.

1. scott's turf

scott's turf LawnSite Senior Member
    from NH

I am plowing my driveway with my lazer hp this winter and got some chains for it and now the thing is unstoppable. I when slowly through the woods with a couple inches of snow and the mower did not spin once. I bought a used 48 inch plow and I and a 12v pump and piston so I can raise and lower the plow. It will be a fun project. Does anyone else here plow with there mowers?

2. WEEDEATER

WEEDEATER LawnSite Member

Do you have any pictures of it?

3. scott's turf

from NH

Just some cad models that I should be finishing up tonight. I plan on using the hydraulics and plow frame for a leaf plow that I can raise up and down when needed. I plan on building it in a couple of weeks when all the parts come in.

4. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

5. 1grnlwn

1grnlwn LawnSite Bronze Member

Scott, I wouldn't use it on customers driveway. Chains tear the hell out of concrete and asphalt. Scratches everywhere.

Mark

6. scott's turf

from NH

I am aware of that. I just plan on using it on my gravel driveway.

7. Phishook

Phishook LawnSite Bronze Member

Where did you find the chains?

I could use a set to mow with this spring! Maybe all summer if we get a good year.

(not every account, just oneplace)

8. scott's turf

from NH

Your joking about using the chains for mowing right? I got them off ebay. They are super duty cub cadet chains. The set cost me $85 shipped. I priced them out to make them myself and it would have cost more.