Chainsaw Collectors

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ArboristSite, May 1, 2001.

1. ArboristSite

ArboristSite LawnSite Member

2. cos

cos LawnSite Addict

I wen't into a shop to have chainsaw loops made and the gentleman had a bunch of chainsaws ahnging up on the ceiling. You talk about a change from the past.

3. i had just gone up on arborsite a little while ago and was not impressed. sorry to tell you. but you gotta raise your membership. when i was on there there was i think 1 member and 17 guests. barely any posts or threads. you guys got some work to do. i do believe however that i had registered. so now i am a member, so you are up one.

4. BIG D

BIG D LawnSite Member

Lawnboy, It just opened the end of January. I think roughly 240 members is a decent number in 4 months. Lawnsite I dont think had a bunch of members all over the place in 4 months. Just my guess. You guys are spoiled in here. I go in to arboristsite quite a bit and yes its still young, but support just doesnt grow overnight. I havent seen many posts from lawnsite members in arboristsite. It takes interest to build a forum. No one in here is supporting this. How many of you really have opened up a lawn service and never had growing pains? Some of you maybe. Most of you definitely had growing pains. All this site needs is a little support and it will get going. You just cant look at it like another lawnsite because it isnt. Its brand new.

5. ArboristSite

ArboristSite LawnSite Member

Thanks for the reply guys, bad or good. I guess I was asking more about the saw more than blasting the site. I wish I could open the site up and have over 3000 members and have tons of posts. I agree with Big D. I dont know what you guys expect after 4 months. If you look at the Turfmfg.com site. I dont see tons of posts. Why? I think its because its new or that you guys are too used to asking your questions on lawnsite. I think turfmfg.com will be sucessful, its a great idea. I see chainsaw questions and tree questions on lawnsite frequently (a couple at least a month). Everyone is spoiled on here to have answers to there threads immediately after they are posted. Just give it time I think it will come along great. As one of my members, Deere John say, an overnight sucess takes 10 years. I am sure it will be sucessful by the first of next year.