1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Chainsaw what one?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by WETSCAPE, Oct 22, 2008.

1. Green King

Green King LawnSite Senior Member

You should also take a look at Dolmar!

2. PORTER 05

PORTER 05 LawnSite Senior Member

stupid question

STIHL!!!!!!!

if you are just going to be doing light work, the 180 might be a good idea, $200, or if youre really feeling like a man go for the 441 25"bar.

3. Dodge Truck

Dodge Truck LawnSite Member
    from Mass

Shindaiwa 490 will suit you just fine. Most just say stihl cuz its everywhere try Shindy...trust me its worth it

4. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge LawnSite Bronze Member

Husky ae the best saws hands down buy the 450 model an you will love it ,,,,

5. JNyz

JNyz LawnSite Bronze Member

Agree. Stupid question. Stihl is the only way to go. Get an 020T and a 46 and you will not look back. You will not need anything else.

6. integrityman

integrityman LawnSite Bronze Member

Id recommend a STIHL 210 or 250. I have been running Stihls for years and years and have NEVER EVER had any mechanical problems. Stihl really is worth the $$.

7. lawnbutch

lawnbutch LawnSite Member
    from Colo.

We have a Husky 142 that runs circles around a stihl ms290 period!!!!

8. Jerry Lee

Jerry Lee LawnSite Senior Member

if ur just pruining go with the smallest chainsaw stihl makes that thing is great. i cant remember what its called. but its small enough u can hold it in one hand. i use it all the time when u have to climb a tree and cut down branches. its like a side arm.

9. Greenboy24

Greenboy24 LawnSite Senior Member

I will second the shindaiwa 490....great saw by a great company. Use my all the time and it has never let me down.

10. JNyz

JNyz LawnSite Bronze Member

i think it is still called the 020T. t for top handle.