1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by BotetourtBoy3, Aug 3, 2007.

1. BotetourtBoy3

BotetourtBoy3 LawnSite Member

Between a Poulan and McCullogh chainsaws which is better??
  2. MJS

MJS LawnSite Bronze Member

I have used both of them, but I gotta say, get a Stihl or an Echo! :weightlifter:

MILSINC LawnSite Member

that is like asking which is better between mcdonald's and burger king.
    go get yourself a nice steak and be happy, instead of left with a giant stomach ache.
  4. rb_in_va

rb_in_va LawnSite Member
    from VA

Yep, Stihl, Husky, or Dolmar will do fine.
  5. Nosmo

Nosmo LawnSite Bronze Member

Had Mc Collogh saws 2-different times. I have used Poulans but I have had a Stihl for 3-years.

Prefer Stihl over any saw but between Poulan or Mc Collogh it is a toss up.

6. mverick

mverick LawnSite Senior Member

Bought a Poulan. Wouldn't cut the tree, stalled out all the time. Bought a husky 346. It was like butter. Blades do dull fast though.
  7. eaglejrl

eaglejrl LawnSite Member
    from 75681

8. mchildress

mchildress LawnSite Member

Poulan and Mccollogh are not the saws they made thirty years ago. They used to make commercial grade saws. I still have one old Poulan and have wore out two of their bow blade saws years ago,wish they still made them of that quality today. I have several Stihl saws and have been happy with them. They make a home owner grade,rancher grade,and proffesional grade depending on your price range and how much you will be using the saw.
  9. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

Stihl! My uncle got a poulan and a crapsman. If I had to choose I would take poulan. But Stihl's are :weightlifter:
  10. Kid With A Mower

Kid With A Mower LawnSite Member

I'm still with Stihl:dancing: