1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Chamber of Commerce

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Frontier-Lawn, Apr 7, 2005.

1. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

Would it be a good idea/investment to become a Chamber of Commerce Member? It cost $220yr
  2. marko

marko LawnSite Senior Member

From past posts about this I would say No. It seems from what I remembered it was more social than business
  3. It will be good or bad depending on what you put into it, if you just pay $220.00 and set back no it won't be good. If you go to there business after hours get togethers and other events and meet the other people yes it will be good.
  4. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

I've had some decent success with a local Chamber. I joined, then did an insert in their newsletter and picked up a good landscaping job that led to a wall installation, that led to a few maintenance accounts, and so on.

I did another insert this year for $100, plus printing costs, and it looks like I could be hooking up some maintenance accounts on some waterfront props.

So, yes there can be benefit, but it does take effort on your part as well.
  5. marko

marko LawnSite Senior Member

6. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi Frontier-Lawn,

The reaction on joining them has been mixed on here. A benefit to joining would be creating relationships with other business owners in your area. With this as with other things, it is all what you make of it. The more you get involved the more you will benefit. The more people you know, the better the chances are of getting more accounts.
  7. Kate Butler

Kate Butler LawnSite Senior Member

In Vermont, we have local Chambers and the State Chamber. The State is expensive, the local is not - and the local has my listings on their site, we can link to them, free events listings - just a whole lot more bang for the buck.