Chamber of Commerce

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Shuter, Feb 3, 2003.

1. Shuter

Shuter LawnSite Bronze Member

Has anyone been involved in their local Chamber(or any group like this)?? I am considering joining my local Chamber. It costs $200.00 per year. There are approx 200 members. Three times per year you can put a flyer in the monthly newsletter for free and your business is printed in a guide book for the town that goes out to 60,000 people. For $200.00 this seems like a good way to get my name out there. Any thoughts??

2. brentsawyer

brentsawyer LawnSite Senior Member

Not a member of ours b/c I've heard nothing good from fellow members about it. I'm not sure how much ours is but I know it is much more than $200. However, everyones is different by their system of order and participation.

3. brentsawyer

brentsawyer LawnSite Senior Member

Not a member of ours b/c I've heard nothing good from fellow members about it. I'm not sure how much ours is but I know it is much more than $200. However, everyones is different by their system of order and participation. If your looking to become a member of something like this in which you gain insight/work from membership, try looking into BNI, didn't see where you are from but most good sized cities have a few. Their website is http://www.bni.com/ check it out and see if they have a local chapter for you.

4. devildog

devildog LawnSite Senior Member
    from sc