chance to pick up work

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by fishnetman, Jan 7, 2004.

1. fishnetman

fishnetman LawnSite Member

I was offered a lawn "cut and trim only"in new development,half acre very few trees ect.a good chance to pick up more work,what would you charge,would it be less than usual.

2. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

I just price it as Mow, trim and blow. period. If you leave it unblown and messy, other potential customers may think that is how you work.

3. fishnetman

fishnetman LawnSite Member

I should have said blow also

4. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

If there is a president/manager you're going through tell him you'll do it for $x per yard which is $y less than usual. if he signs up #z accounts.

Of course you can inflate your $x price and subtract the $y price to come out to your normal target'd price.

5. DEERHUNTER109

DEERHUNTER109 LawnSite Member

Has anyone used Bradley Walk Behinds? Please give input.
    Thanks,
    Jeff's Lawn Care

6. Potomac Lawns Inc.

Potomac Lawns Inc. LawnSite Senior Member

Depends on the size of the property and how long it would take you to do it if you make a good first impression you may pick up a few more

7. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

Charge what you charge. Odds are, somebody else is going to move in on you anyway. If you get the account and want to keep it, you'll just have to sell yourself more (by good PR skills, quality work, etc. to show this developer you're the man for the job). And in order to do that, you have to maintain a good and professional attitude. And in order to do that, you have to feel that you are getting paid what you are worth. And in order to do that, you have to charge what you and he can live with. And in order to do that. . .

8. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

charge a good standard fee. do a nice job on this one and make it look excellent. chances are of the dev. president notices a job well done here...hell have you back to grab a few more houses.

good luck.

9. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Why would you charge less for it? What if the word gets out what you're charging to the neighbors, they will expect the same.

Charge what you charge. If you do good work and present yourself in a professional way, you'll get more work.

10. LawnPerfect

LawnPerfect LawnSite Senior Member

I have to go with Gogetter on this one. Charge accordingly.