Change in Florida for Limited Commercial Landscape Maintenance

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by GameDawg33, Aug 6, 2006.

1. GameDawg33

GameDawg33 LawnSite Member

7/13/06 Changes In Requirements for Limited Commercial Landscape Maintenance
    Effective July 1st, Revisions of Chapter 482 of Florida Pesticide Law have changed the required experience and hours of training before taking the exam. The number of hours of training has been reduced from 8 hours to 6 and the three years experience requirement has been eliminated. Also proof of insurance can now be done after passing the exam, rather than in order to take the exam.

Thought this info might be helpfull to some.

2. General Landscaping

General Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Thank you, thank you!
    I'll be looking into that ASAP!

Where did you find that info?

3. GameDawg33

4. GameDawg33

Actually go to types of liscenses first the click on hot topics.

5. olive123

olive123 LawnSite Senior Member

limited to 4 gallon backpack and no turf spraying also no advertising

6. GameDawg33

I didnt see anything about no advertising anywhere, but yes no turf spraying it says it right there.

7. olive123

olive123 LawnSite Senior Member

by advertising i mean you are not allowed to represent yourself as a pest control company. Which I think you can advertise "weed control" but im not sure of that.

8. GameDawg33

Yes I pretty sure you are correct cannot advertise as pest control, just weed control or something similar.

9. Norm Al

Norm Al LawnSite Bronze Member

wow thats big,,,,,,many lawn mowing guys dont need to advertise,,,,,,they will be maintaining their own lawns